Not sure if you know, but spaghetti bolognese is normally voted one of the top ten dishes on most websites. We were looking through our recipes the other day and realized that we hadn’t told you about our 420 version. Well, here it goes.
Let’s get cookin’
For this recipe you are going to need some of that fabulous Cannabis Oil
Creating the Best Cannabis Oil:
- 1-1 ½ ounces of finely ground weed, trim or buds
- 28 ounces of olive oil
Making Your Canna Oil:
- Boil your oil in the saucepan on a low to medium heat. Make sure it doesn’t burn
- Once hot, drop in the 1-1 ½ ounces of weed and stir, stir, stir… It shouldn’t get to hot.
- Let it slow cook for about 1.5-2 hours.
- Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth into a jar.
- Store in the fridge and you’re done!
The Spaghetti Bolognese Ingredients
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp Canna Oil
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 2 x 400g tins plum tomatoes
- small pack basil, leaves picked, ¾ finely chopped and the rest left whole for garnish
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 125ml red wine
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 75g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- 400g spaghetti
Place a large saucepan on a medium heat and add your oil and canna oil. Fry the bacon for around 10 mins, until it is crispy. Reduce the head and add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Stir until everything softens. Increase to a medium heat and add the mince. Fry until the meat is browned all over.
Add the tinned tomatoes, chopped basil, oregano, bay leaves, tomato purée, stock cube, chilli, wine and cherry tomatoes. Stir thoroughly, bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook covered for just over an hour. Add parmesan to thicken the mixture.
Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions.
Place the cooked spaghetti on a plate and on top cover with your mince sauce
Serve and enjoy!