Medical marijuana has only recently become a household terminology. For the past few years, more and more patients are considering using pot to treat certain diseases – of course under the supervision of a medical marijuana doctor.
Getting medical marijuana is simple with many dispensaries selling it across the country. However, in order to use it, you need to be aware of certain dos and don’ts, so that you can make the most of it.
Listed below are vital do’s and don’ts that you need to follow as a medical marijuana patient if it is legal in your state:
1. Legalizing marijuana has made it very easy for people to get their prescribed marijuana from certified medical marijuana dispensaries. Purchasing it from these certified will not only make you a legal pot user but will also contribute to the larger medical marijuana movement.
2. Grow your own weed. If you’re living in Colorado, you can grow your own pot too. Regardless of what local government has said about recreational sales, individuals in Colorado State can grow their own pot – up to a certain amount.
3. Enjoy your toke at home. There are many individuals who like to toke comfortably in their homes; you can do that too. If you’re living in a rented house, you might want to check with your landlord before using it though.
Since you’re most likely a medical marijuana card holder and if it is legal in your state, it shouldn’t be of much problem. If you’re in a hotel trying to toke, then try checking with the hotel management once – it’s always good to avoid unnecessary problems.
4. Always follow your doctor’s dosage. No matter what you’re using medical marijuana for, always ensure that you use it according to the prescribed dosage. It is not only good for your health but will also prevent you from getting into legal trouble.
1.Do not get it from the street. There are many illegal drug peddlers who will supply you the weed at high cost. While it is easy to get it from there, it is also risky and could land you jail.
The fact that you’re a medical marijuana patient permits you to obtain pot from approved dispensaries. It would cost you lot cheaper and wouldn’t get you into any legal mess.
2. Do not sell the pot you get from medical dispensaries to anyone else – especially if he or she is below 21 years of age. You can of course gift them if you’d like, however, exchange of marijuana for money or any product is still illegal.
As a medical marijuana patient, you can always keep your prescribed marijuana with you. But do not use the pot that you legally bot to do anything illegal.
3. Don’t drive while under the influence of marijuana. Irrespective of the fact that you hold a medical marijuana card and are permitted to use it doesn’t mean, you drive through the city under its influence.
Remember, driving within 6 hours pot usage is still a crime – even for medical marijuana users. It could not only harm you but can harm others as well.