Recipe: Herbed Salmon
Start to finish: 40 minutes active + 8-10 hours for salmon marinade
Yield: 4 servings
Approximate dosage: 3.5mg THC per serving (with infused butter)*
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin on, deboned
- 2 teaspoons salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon dill fronds
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoons roasted garlic or ground garlic
- 2 cups rock salt or coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon compound cannabutter (recipe below)
- The night before the meal, mix the salt, pepper, fennel, dill, thyme, and roasted garlic in a small bowl. Spread the mixture evenly over the pink meat of the salmon. Lightly rub.
- Wrap salmon in plastic wrap and leave in the fridge overnight to season.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and take salmon out of the fridge and unwrap.
- Line the inside of a cast iron skillet with the rock salt, covering a half-inch of the bottom.
- Place fillet of salmon, skin-side down, on top of the salt.
- Bake in the oven on the middle rack, for 20-25 minutes until skin is translucent and pink.
- Remove from oven and cover lightly with foil for 5 minutes.
- Remove salmon from salt and add the compound cannabutter, allowing it to soften and slightly melt onto the salmon before serving.
Recipe: Infused Compound Butter
Start to finish: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
Approximate dosage: 10mg THC per tablespoon*
- 1 cup cannabutter, measuring approximately 10mg THC per tablespoon
- ¼ cup shallot, finely minced
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic
- Bring cannabutter to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, forming a smooth and equal spread of ingredients throughout the butter.
- Once mixed, transfer the compound butter mixture to a piece of parchment cut to about one foot in length.
- Form the mixture into a log and wrap the parchment around it several times. Twist the ends and rubber band them closed.
- Store in the fridge until solid.
Tip: Substitute two teaspoons of garlic powder if you don’t have fresh cloves available.