Infused Vegan Irish Stew
Try this contemporary vegan twist on an old Irish favorite. This is not your mama’s stew!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Approximate THC Per Serving*:
10%: 3.3 mg per piece of “meat”
15%: 5 mg
20%: 6.6 mg
Ingredients for the Broth:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, cut into thirds (or you can use baby carrots)
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons powdered mushroom broth or bouillon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
Ingredients for the “Meat”:
- 2 cups Cremini mushrooms, shredded
- 1 small Portobello mushroom, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon Vital Wheat Gluten
- 2 tablespoons Jeff’s Light Tasting Canna–Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make the Stew Base
- In a large pot, sauté onions and celery in olive oil until onions are lightly golden.
- Add potatoes, carrots, Celtic sea salt and pepper. Continue to sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bay leaf. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Make the “Meat”
- Sauté onions until lightly brown.
- Add mushrooms, thyme and smoked paprika. Salt and pepper to taste and continue to sauté until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer sautéed mushrooms on paper towels to soak up any leftover moisture. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sautéed mushrooms, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, Vital Wheat Gluten and canna–olive oil.
- Form into 18 chunks..
- Heat a large frying pan and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Lightly fry each “meat” chunk till evenly browned and set aside.
Bake the Stew
- Preheat oven to 340ºF.
- Transfer stew base to a casserole dish.
- Place “meat” chunks on top of casserole and bake for 40 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
*Approximate dose per serving is based on infusing 5 grams of cured/dried/decarbed cannabis into 5 ounces of oil.